Four coaches of the Taj Express train caught fire in southeast Delhi’s Sarita Vihar on Monday. “We received a call at 4.24 pm regarding the fire in four coaches of the Taj Express train. Eight fire tenders were pressed into service and efforts to douse the blaze are underway,” a Delhi Fire Services (DFS) official told news agency PTI. The official further informed that no reports of any casualties have been received so far.

According to news agency ANI, DCP Railway said that a total of six fire tenders were rushed to the site. “There is no injury or harm to any person,” he told ANI.

More details about the incident including the suspected cause are awaited.

ALSO READ | Lok Sabha Election Results 2024: Date, Time, Seats, Where And How To Watch Delhi Poll Results

LPG Cylinder Explodes Amid Firefighting Efforts in Noida Sector 10 Garment Factory

In another incident, a fire triggered by a short circuit in the air conditioning system of a private company escalated on Monday when an LPG cylinder exploded during firefighting operations. The incident occurred in KM Leasing Limited, a garment manufacturing company located in Sector 10. Fortunately, no injuries were reported among civilians or firefighters, PTI reported.

Chief Fire Officer (CFO) Pradeep Kumar Choubey informed that the blaze initially broke out on the ground and second floors of the building. “The fire service unit was alerted at 10.03 am about the blaze at the garment and printing company. Taking immediate action, we sent eight fire tenders to the spot,” Choubey said, as quoted by PTI.

He detailed the sequence of events, stating, “While the fire was almost extinguished, an LPG cylinder on the third floor of the building exploded, spreading fire on that floor. The blaze was, however, quickly extinguished.” 

Choubey explained that the factory was closed at the time, and the fire started when the air conditioner was switched on in the morning, leading to a short circuit. “We were not informed in time about the presence of the LPG cylinder on the third floor. Our firemen had doused the fire on the lower floors, but due to heat, the LPG cylinder on the third floor exploded,” he added.

Authorities have urged the public to avoid running air conditioners continuously for long durations, especially during extreme hot weather, to prevent similar mishaps.





Source link

Leave a Reply