At least 210 people lost their lives on Saturday in Israeli attacks on a central Gaza refugee camp from which four hostages were rescued, Hamas’s government media office said. “The number of victims from the Israeli occupation’s massacre in the Nuseirat camp has risen to 210 martyrs and more than 400 wounded,” according to a report from the press office, news agency AFP reported. It followed the announcement earlier on Saturday that four Israeli hostages had been freed from Nuseirat, following an operation that was said to have occurred “under fire”.

As per a report by news agency AFP, the Israeli government also announced that its forces rescued four hostages alive from a Gaza refugee camp on Saturday as it invoked an assault despite surveillance over a deadly strike on a UN-run school. 

The army identified the rescued hostages as Noa Argamani, 26, Almog Meir Jan, 22, Andrey Kozlov, 27, and Shlomi Ziv, 41. The military stated earlier on Saturday in a separate announcement that its forces were “targeting terrorist infrastructure in the area of Nuseirat,” AFP reported.

‘Our People Will Not Surrender:’ Hamas Leader Ismail Says As Deaths Mount In Nuseirat

In response to the Israeli attack on the camp, Hamas leader Ismail Haniyeh committed to continue the fight. “Our people will not surrender, and the resistance will continue to defend our rights in the face of this criminal enemy,” Haniyeh said, as quoted by news agency AFP.

Earlier in a statement, the Hamas government confirmed a toll of 94 deaths in and around Nuseirat. He also added that they had been taken to the Al-Aqsa Martyrs’ Hospital in Deir al-Balah.

It highlighted that the hospital was “unable to accommodate the number of martyrs and wounded”, requesting the international community and organisations for help.



Source link

Leave a Reply